When it comes to fat loss, it is not only about the flat abs. Toning the entire body is a must and with that should be a healthy diet that keeps the metabolic health in shape.
People focus on toning abs, hips, glutes, thighs etc. but generally forget the calves. Losing fat around the calves area is not only aesthetically appealing but also improves lower body strength and athletic performance.
Here are 9 simple exercises to lose fat around the calves exclusively for women.
In lunges one leg is positioned forward with bent knee and flat foot
and other leg is behind. Main benefit of lunges is in warming up.You can
use either dumbbells or kettlebells in hands and using barbell behind
the neck or shoulders. Walking leg lunges are mainly used to reduce the
fat of butts.
How to do? (By using dumbbell)
- Firstly, hold dumbbells in both hands by the sides.
- Now attain the lunge posture by taking a step by your left leg and
slowly lowering your hip so that angles between the knees of both legs
become 90 degree.
- Then stand up by taking a forward step
- Now step up with your right leg and repeat lunge.
- In this way you can repeat the process or walk along the room by doing lunges.
2. Hip Raise
This exercise works out the thigh and calves muscles at a higher
rate. This helps to burn out internal thigh muscles. This exercise is
also used in yoga and by fitness trainers.
How to do?
- Lie on the floor by facing up and your arms should be wider apart (45 degree away from body).
- Then bend your knees at 90 degree and your feet should be flat on floor.
- Then by pressing the feet down, raise your hip in the upward direction.
- Hold on this position for some time (5 seconds).
- Repeat the above steps.
3. Standing Calf Raise
This is a great exercise for calf. It works on both muscles of calf
(the gastrocnemius and the soleus). It can be done with dumbbell or
without this too.
How to do?
- Stand on the edge of stair. Balance with the help of banister.
- Now lift up your heel as much as possible. Hold on third position for 3 seconds.
- Then regain the original position.
- Repeat the steps.
4. Jumping Rope
This exercise is very beneficial not only for calves but also for
whole body. This also helps to work out for forearm, thighs and abdomen.
Length of rope matters.
How to do?
- Length of rope should be according to your height. Hold the handle of rope your hands and stand on the center of rope.
- Now measure the length of rope with reference to your height. Length of rope should be slightly lower than your armpits.
- Now stand straight by holding handle of rope in your hands.
- Rotate your hand at 360 degree to rotate the rope. Your elbow joint should be 45 degree.
- Jump only to pass the rope. Jump should be not higher than 1 inch above the ground.
- Rotate and jump again and again.
5. Leg Roll
This is another effective exercise that can make you get rid of leg
fat with less effort. This exercise can give you good results if you do
it properly. So, here are the steps to be followed.
How to do?
- Lie on your left side first.
- Place your right arm on the floor to gain support to balance yourself.
- Now, raise your right leg.
- Imagine that your right leg is in a barrel and you have to make use
of your toes to push within all that is on your right side, into the
- This way, you would be making your leg go up and down and also in circular motions and loops.
- Do around 60 of such loops or circles.
- Repeat the same with another leg too.
- This way, you’d be burning down your leg fat.
6. Seated Calf Raise
This also targets the calves. It is easy to do. It does not need any equipment.
How to do?
- Sit on a chair with straight back and flat feet on floor. Put weight on your thighs. You can use dumbbells for this purpose.
- Now lift your heel up and hold on this position for 3 seconds. And regain the original position.
- Repeat the same steps.
Exercising by doing squats to get slimmer legs is super easy. Squats
are extensively useful to burn the fat from your legs. You can try
various combos of squats, which yield diverse results. Follow the steps
that are mentioned below to perform the squats.
How to do?
- Keep your legs wide apart. Let the distance between them be about an arm’s length.
- Now, bring your butt down, by stretching your arms in the front.
- See that the critical force is being pushed upon your legs.
- Now get back to your original position.
- Repeat this for about 30 times.
- You can combine squats with simultaneous jumps. You can also make a
choice of holding weights or dumbbells in your hands while performing
- This would help you reduce more fat from your legs while performing squats.
8. Step Up
This exercise is beneficial for lower legs and glutes. It is a
dynamic exercise consisting blend of strength, power and balance. This
exercise targets all the main muscles of body. You can do this with the
dumbbells and barbell.
How to do?(With dumbbells)
- Stand straight on the floor by holding dumbbell in your hands.
- Now step up onto the bench with your left leg, your arms should be straight.
- Now also step up your right leg onto bench.
- Step down in similar manner.
- Repeat the same process.
9. Wall Sit:
Wall sit or wall squat is a simple body-weight exercise that will
test the strength and endurance of your lower body. But be warned. This
exercise works a little different than the typical body weight squats
since you’re holding your body in a static position for a certain period
How to do?
- To start, lean against the wall with your feet hip-width apart planted firmly on the ground.
- Your feet also should be about 2 feet away from the wall.Now brace your abs and slowly slide
down the wall with your back pressed against the wall until your legs are bent at the 90 degree angle.
- This angle is very crucial because if your thighs are not parallel to the ground, your leg muscles will not get a workout.
- Knees should be directly above your ankles and your back should be touching the wall at all times.
- Hold this position for 20-60 seconds.
Practicing the above mentioned exercises on a regular basis will
deliver results and help in fat loss from the calves. However exercise
caution and do not overdo any of the workouts.
Above are some of basics information about calves fat and simple exercises to reduce calves fat. Hopefully you have discovered some useful exercises for yourself. Share your thoughts with us.