Neck fat is caused due to excessive fat in the overall body structure. The muscle between the jaw and collar bone begins to accumulate fats which appear like a chin below the chin causing heaviness in voice and troubles like high cholesterol lever and heart problems. Besides being a problematic issue, these DE-shape the neck making it look ugly and UN-toned. Another associated problem is the neck humps that usually follow because of high fat deposits in the neck region.
The better picture here is that these can be gotten rid of with continuous exercise and proper diet. In addition, proper posture needs to be maintained while working to avoid aggravation in the problem. Here are a few very simple exercises for neck fat that do not need specific tools and machines and can be performed anytime anywhere to work out on the muscular neck and bring it back to the sleek, slender and beautiful form.
Exercises to Reduce Neck Fat:
Here we provide some best exercises to get rid of neck fat fast with step by step manner of understanding each exercise.
1. Self Neck Traction:
Besides sitting and working with correct posture, fatty neck humps can be gotten rid of with regular exercises. These are not only discomforting, but have an impact on normal body postures over the years. To perform
- Lie down on your back and put the legs on the bed or bench at about 60 degrees angle.
- Keep one hand on your chest and the other at the back of your neck.
- Now maintain the pressure from the hand that is on the chest, pull up the neck with the other hand as much as possible.
- The target is to feel the stretch at the back of the neck and hold the stretch position.
- Count till ten and release slowly. Repeat at least 15-20 times taking a 3-5 second gap after 5 stretches.
This exercise will not only remove the neck humps but also relax the adjoining muscles and remove pain.
2. Neck Stretch:
The neck retraction stretch is the stretch to fix the forward line. It also aids in suppressing the back humps which are uncomfortable and ugly.To do the exercise:
- Stand straight with your feet a couple of inches apart and place the hands on your sides.
- Now tilt your face lower but do not round the shoulders.
- Keep the neck retracted to the count of ten.
- Then pull or retract the neck at the back till the extent you are able to.
- Embellish the stretch until it appears that you got a double face.
- Hold it back till the count of ten before bringing it back to normal pose.
Repeat sets of ten at least thrice. Perform the exercise regularly to get your neck back in shape in no time.
Rotation is a good exercise for burning overall fat of the neck, especially the double chin problem. Rotations also improve blood circulation to the shoulders making it strong and keeping related problems at bay.
To do This Exercise:
- Sit on a low back chair or stand upright maintaining a straight back. Keep your feet apart.
- Now turn your head clockwise. Remember not to move your shoulder in the process.
- Stretch the neck in all directions to the maximum extent while rotating.
- Continue doing 20 rounds before stopping at the initial position.
- Repeat the process anti-clock wise till 20 counts.
After the sets of 20 become convenient to do, double the number of rounds. Remember keeping your back straight and shoulders in one position.
4. Chin Slap:
This is one of the exercises that you can do anytime and anywhere since it needs to be performed several times a day. In old days, actresses have been spotted performing this exercise to keep the chin shapely and control double chinning. To do this exercise
- You need to stand or be seated anywhere.
- With the back of the hand, start slapping your lower chin area or as popularly known, the double chin.
- Increase speed after initial slapping and continue to increase to the extent you can. Do not try to go beyond your maximum tolerance at the beginning.
- Perform the action for at least 10 minutes.
Since it is the most convenient and time saving exercise, it needs to be done at least 5-6 times a day for effective results.
5. Lip Pull:
Lip pull tones the jaw lines, chin muscles and side muscles. To perform this exercise
- Stand in a comfortable position looking straight as you normally do.
- Now without moving shoulders, push the jaw out as much as you can.
- Once you think that is the best you can do with the jaws, lift your lower lip on the face as high as you think it can go.
- Now hold this position for 10 seconds before coming back to the normal position i.e. the natural position.
- Repeat the cycle at least 10 times, increasing gradually.
The areas where this stretch is felt is a little under the chin and drastic on the lower jaws and jaw line. Avoid performing the exercise immediately after meals.
6. Open and Close the Mouth:
This might sound silly to some and a few may feel that this is something we do so many times daily. But doing it the right way is necessary to have the desired outcome. To perform
- Stand in a comfortable position with your head in the natural position.
- Now push your neck back to the maximum possible extent, ensuring that shoulders are in position.
- Now open your mouth wide and close it again. In slow motion.
- Tension of this stretch can be felt in the neck region every time the mouth is opened.
- Repeat it 10-15 times in one routine. 4-5 routines need to be performed in a day for visible results.
Do take a break once in 3-4 days to help the muscles recover from the stretching. The pause also helps in better toning.
7. Side Stretches:
The main problem with fat deposits is, that is it not necessarily positioned vertically. This is why the side stretches need to be performed to burn the excess fat deposits that happen horizontally. To attack these spots
- Stand with your feet parted at shoulder length.
- Put the right arm at the back, circling around your waist to the other side.
- Now with the left hand pull your neck leftwards by holding your head.
- The target is to feel the tension on the right side neck muscles.
- Count to ten and release.
- Complete a set of ten such stretches before switching sides.
The exercise needs to be done at least 30 times on each side. You can take a break of 10 seconds while shifting sides. At the beginning, overstretching should be avoided.
8. Towel Pulls:
A simple towel can make a good companion for neck exercises. There are various simple stretches you can do using it for a shapely and curvy neck. To perform
- Hold the towel rolled along the length at the back of the shoulders. Now join the ends at the top of your head and gently pull. Do it several times to get rid of the problem.
- Other simple way to use it is on sides. By putting the rolled mid section at the side of the neck and joining the ends at the other side. Try pulling the towel at the same time as trying you push your neck to the other side
- keeping the shoulder straight.
These help tone the neck muscles which is as important as reducing the fat deposits to prevent shagginess.